Renewable and natural
Depending on which products you grow and how you grow them (herbal plants in pots Hydroponic Herbs and Lettuce), MEDIANE offers you a 100% renewable low-carton packaging. In combination with the right biodegradable thermoformed pot, a fully renewable packaging concept for your product!
Polylacticacid (PLA) is an environmentally friendly natural polymer produced from annually renewable corn starch. The production of PLA produces less CO2 and therefore contributes less to the global warming.
The Sustainable PLA Life Cycle:
- Plants are harvested.
- Plants are fermented into dextrose.
- Dextrose is catalyzed into the PLA polymer.
- The PLA films are made with the polymer.
- PLA Sleeves are being produced with PLA Films.
- Sleeves are composted.
- Compost is used to grow more plants.