PLA is a highly transparent material which has perfect sealing characteristics and is very well printable in our High-Definition Flexo quality. Both our Films and Inks fully comply with the Vincotte Bio-Based 4 Star, OK Compost and Seedling qualifications.
Also, PLA is a rigid and due to it’s high molecular weight, is very suitable for down gauging, Already we produce PLA BIO-SLEEVES as from 25 g/m2!
The major characteristics of our PLA BIO-SLEEVES are:
- Highly Transparent and Glossy
- Non-toxic and comply with food-contact regulations of the EU
- Rigid, making it suitable for down gauging
- High Stiffness, giving extra support to the plant
- Resistant to oil, fat and alcohol
- Low sealing temperatures and very strong side seals
- High oxygen and water permeability
- Free of genetically modified materials.
As such, for many applications, you can easily replace traditional CPP or PE sleeves with bio compostable PLA sleeves, enabling you to differentiate yourselves from your competition by using ecological friendly and safe products.